11.14.2009

It's Christmas!

I waited as long as I could, I promise. Josh leaves for Pennsylvania tomorrow and I wanted to get the tree set up so I could work on other Christmas stuff while he's gone. We've been listening to the Elf soundtrack all day and enjoying our first Christmas together.

Adrie was here to help us put some ornaments on the tree. I hope her mother doesn't mind if she thinks it's almost Christmas...


And the almost finished product....


I also attempted something I've never done before in my whole life. I made gingerbread men cookies. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll do it again. I'm planning on having a Christmas party (feel free to schedule this in) and am considering having decorating gingie's (short for gingerbread cookies) on the activity list. As you can see, I made a lot of them, but they don't look so good. We'll see.


All in all, Christmas is a pretty big success. I feel kind of bad for Thanksgiving, but Thanksgiving should know that I consider it a very important holiday leading the way to Christmas. I love turkey (probably more than the average person) and I can't wait for Adam and Emma to get here and to celebrate the day with everyone else.

So anyway, welcome to the Christmas season. I don't care if you say it doesn't start until Thanksgiving ends, because it's here. And I'm happy. So enjoy it while it's here, and look at my beautiful house. Cheers,


KL

2 comments:

  1. Wait. How did I miss the gingerbread men? I would really like one in my mouth right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas can't come too soon for me! ...but I do love thanksgiving most. Try boiling a bit of cinnamon/cloves mix on the stove top with some water. Instant Christmas!

    ReplyDelete