10.04.2012

No more PAH in the house

BIG DAY IN THE CALVERT HOUSEHOLD.

Henry no longer uses his pacifier.


I've spent months (alright, years) worried about his pacifier.  Is it good? Is it bad? How am I going to get him to stop using it?  When do we start phasing it out? Am I going to be able to take it away? What happens if he goes to high school with a pacifier?  YIKES.

Then he got hand, foot, and mouth (again) and I guess using it hurts his mouth and he just stopped using it.  Hasn't even asked for it for 2 days.

I'll let you know if he needs it back, but I'm pretty certain we're just gonna ride this one out.  He can fall asleep without it.


YESSSSSSSSSSSS

3 comments:

  1. Our little boy is turning into a little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Henry! Oh man, that was a close one...could you imagine him going to high school with a pacifier? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I'm sure you told me this, but I am surprised anew. Congratulations!

    Is he going to do okay seeing Elliot with one? Although we only let Elliot have his in bed, at church, and any time we desperately need him quiet. Hopefully it'll phase out sometime!

    PS I follow your parenting style all the time. I remember you telling me about telling Henry to put his paci in his bed, and he could stay in bed if he wanted to use it, and for a few months I've worked with Elliot on this one and it has become habit - he either happily drops that binky in the bed, or stays there for a moment longer to enjoy it :) So glad I can follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete