7.27.2010

New House, New Life

Things I will no longer take for granted:
1. A silverware drawer
2. Walking space on both sides of the bed
3. Kitchen drawers
4. Freezer space
5. Drawers in the bathroom
6. A pantry
7. Storage, storage, storage

We completed the move to our new house! It. Is. Wonderful. We now have a second bedroom, a bigger first bedroom, a real kitchen with all kinds of drawers, and a storage room with a washer and dryer and FREEZER! Obviously there's more, but those are the key points. Basically, Josh and I are soooo happy with this move. Want to see a picture of the baby's room? OK. Just don't judge it since we only moved in 2 days ago and the baby won't be here for 5 months. My Grandma would call it the "Tomorrow Room" because I'll get to it tomorrow.


Also, this last week I sort of feel like there's a real baby inside! 4 out of 5 of my pants don't fit any more, 70% of my garments are now in storage, and I cleaned out my closet of all the shirts and dresses that won't fit my baby bump. This stuff is getting real! I also felt the baby for the first time this week (I think). It's sort of hard to tell if I'm actually feeling a baby move around or if I'm just making this stuff up in my head because I know I'm supposed to be feeling something by now. The first time that I definitely felt something was on Thursday night when Josh and I were camping with Mal, Alaina, Adrie, and Brad. We were laying down getting ready to fall asleep I felt the most distinct movement-like thing. I can only describe it like a bubble in a really viscous liquid popped. It was sort of weird, but really really exhilarating.

I'm looking forward to going to Oregon next month to shop maternity at all the Ross's free of tax. I also can't wait for M&D to get here from Oregon with my baby changing table.

I'll end this little ditty with a list, because that's what I'm good at.

Cravings: Thai food (Green Curry and Pad Thai), pizza, cranberry juice, and hard shell tacos
Aversions: eggs (still), salad (still), J Dawgs, smarties, and Burger King

4 comments:

  1. How in the WORLD did you find such a beautiful apartment (focus on the 2nd bedroom) in the place we all call Provo?! Good job, however you did it! :)

    Does Ross have good maternity stuff? We don't have one here and I'll be in the Utah after tomorrow... where Rosses (Ross'?) are plentiful.

    Congrats on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it! Life is going to be so different in such a huge place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when are you going to oregon? i'm bored. maybe i'll come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new place. I'm still looking for a bigger place seeing how we'll probably be here for the winter...ugh.

    ReplyDelete