7.09.2011

6 months and a vacation in a vacation

Henry at the spry young age of 6 months.

I know I'm supposed to say, "oh they grow so fast!" but really, I don't think Henry has! I mean, there are those moments where I realize he's not a teeny tiny baby who just sleeps all day, but for the most part I think I've been savoring every moment of little baby Henry growing into just baby Henry. It's been fascinating to see him grow and learn and change every day. Now he's rolling from side to side like a pro, and it's near impossible to keep him still. He's pretty much outgrown his closet.He's sorta stopped sleeping through the night, and I think it's mostly due to having his feet touch the walls and door, etc. Last night was hilarious. Usually we leave the door closed, but I opened it a little thinking he may want more room. So he woke up-ish and I gave him his pacifier and laid (isn't laid not a word?) back down and waited for him to fall asleep. It took me a minute to realize he stopped moving, and when I went back over to feel how he was sleeping he had turned onto his stomach, outside the closet (not on blankets), while he was completely swaddled. It. Was. Crazy.

So, I put him back in there and shut the door. Now he's going to sleep in his pack & play, I guess.

So, my friend Amanda was here in New York visiting this week. Josh and I saved some tourist things to do with Amanda, and we got tons of stuff done! We saw the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Ground Zero, Momofuku's Milk bar, S'Mac, Juniors, Grand Central Station, Times Square, 42nd Street, Battery Park, Central Park, the Bethesda Fountain & Row Bridge, and walked the streets. A lot. But mostly we just ate really good food.
It feels like cheating to put all these awesome pictures into a collage, but I have so many I want to post I just have to or this blog would be 9 pages long. We had fun, and we miss you already, Manda!

No comments:

Post a Comment