2.06.2012

Actually New Years Eve

What was I thinking, forgetting to blog about my New Years Eve?  OBVIOUSLY THE BABY TOOK OVER.

Let me share.

My Dad is the new bishop of the single's ward in Lake Oswego/Wilsonville/Portland area. There was a YSA dance on New Years Eve that my parents and recently transplanted sister had to attend. Josh and I have done lots of sleeping on New Years Eve since we met and I wasn't about to pass up this brilliant opportunity to pregnantly dance away 2011, so we got my friend Amanda to come with us, had her little sister stay home with sleeping Henry, and we hit up the dance.

My dapper father in his tux, and Mom looking sexy in a fancy dress.
Amanda, Josh, Nat and me trying to figure out the semi-formal dress code and rocking it.
We had fun. It was great to actually do something on New Years Eve, and even better that it was DANCING and hanging out with three of my best friends. It was also fun to be pregnant and think how ridiculous it was that Josh and I were actually at a YSA dance...so thanks Amanda and Natalie for letting us embarrass you. We rang in New Years' 2012 with a couple party poppers and really loud noise machines and Josh and I took this, the very first picture of 2012.


Also, Henry didn't seem to mind that we left him (because he didn't know?) because we brought him home a handful of balloons and noisemakers. Those provided at least an hour of entertainment. Happy 2012!

4 comments:

  1. You two being at this dance was one of my very favorite moments of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! You look so cute (as do Nat & Jan!) and I can relate to wanting to actually have some fun on New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures. It is going to be difficult to top 2011.

    ReplyDelete