2.01.2012

Baby D

Okay guys. We're having another baby.

WHAAAAAA.....You should already know this from Facebook or any word of mouth, but if not, it's the truth and because the blog says it, it's for real. Here's baby D at 18 weeks.



Here is Henry getting a baby doll for Christmas that is supposed to teach him about babies. Obviously, he is really excited to be an older brother.



But in all seriousness, he sort of likes the baby now and at least knows what toy we are referring to when we say, "Go get baby!" I have no idea what we're going to do to teach him more in the future? All my friends with children, do you have any good ideas for helping this transition at all? At least I feel like Henry will be too young to either a) put up much of a fight (maybe like a month of tantrums?) or b) not even realize there's another baby in the house until all of the sudden it's normal. We'll see.

Quick Facts:
1. I'm due May 7
2. That makes me 25 weeks pregnant
3. I'm due almost exactly a month after my cousin BFF, Rachel!
3. We're having another boy
4. The babies will be 17 months apart
5. This baby was a planned surprise....meaning we thought "Hey, that'd be really cool if we got pregnant in these x months and had a baby before med school" and then we were having another baby! (and we are terribly excited and happy and blessed and lucky to be expecting another baby)
6. I am really excited to have two boys so happy and close together because like 70% of the women I know and love in life have 2 boys pretty close and can give me all sorts of parenting advice. (Thanks in advance to Erica, Amber, Abbey, and Megan)
7. I am really excited that I get to deliver at Orem Community, again. It's better than a hotel.
8. I look more pregnant now than I did at 8 months with Henry.
9. This baby is "Baby D".
10. I get heartburn now for the first time in my life.

Any other questions? Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Again, so excited. A little confused though since Henry was "baby c" and his name didn't begin with a c... so does that mean that "baby d" is going to be named Ron? Because if he is then he'll just have to learn to deal with the fact that he'll have a name twin eventually, just saying. But anyway, CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. again! congrats! and I'm pretty sure (and probably wrong) that there is nothing you can really do to make older children aware of what's about to happen and just no way to prepare them. but i think it's pretty innate to understand not to try and attack the baby or something (but that doesn't mean they wont do it sometimes)

    and i'm always a fan of 2 same sex children, it's just so fun for them to have a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quick facts! So fun. I'm happy to be having babies together. I can't wait to see Henry's reaction to Baby D!

    Those pictures of Henry with the baby are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete