3.26.2012

Little Man of the House

It's been awhile since I blogged about Henry Rex.  Since his physical growth has slowed down, it seems like he is learning things sooooo fast!  It's weird to accept that my little baby is becoming a toddler and I can't stop it, and nor should I because the last thing I want (probably) is TWO babies.  Henry is growing up too fast, but I suppose it's better with this other babe on the way.  Favorite pictures, then some boring facts about Henry that I'm writing mostly for journal's sake, so it's not necessary to read.



















Henry has discovered climbing.  He climbs on furniture and boxes and dishwashers and stairs, and anything that his brain believes is worth climbing.  He's also discovered his balance and can take steps up and down small stairs without falling (usually) and before turning around to descend a staircase, will take a few minutes to see if the banister or rail will help him descend without resorting to hands and knees.  It's adorable, but really really terrifying.  He also understands and can sometimes make sounds for a cow, chicken, sheep, elephant, monkey, dog, bird, and cat.  He says "balloon" regularly and before that, his favorite word was "ball" and now uses them fairly interchangeably.  It's probably my fault because all the balloons we have aren't actually inflated with helium, so they're pretty much really light balls anyway.  Henry will wave at the phone when he sees me talking on it, probably assuming Dad is on Face Time.  He has an adorable little wave.  He understands going outside and upstairs, and will start pointing at the front door making his "question" sound if he hears me mention any of the words.  He uses baby signs for: more, food, milk, nap time (or it could be his blanket), all done, and pacifier.  He likes to watch Little Einsteins and will pat/clap along with them (sometimes) and as of late, thinks it's hilarious to pat and raise his arms in the air because we say "Blast off!" when he does it.

His tantrums decreased in number, but we still have the occasional rough day.  I'm counting my blessings now because I know he has yet to hit the terrible twos.  Henry has 10 teeth (4 molars, what?!) and the longest eyelashes ever.  And don't worry, he still has plenty of head bruises.

3 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS GUY NEXT MONNNNNNTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to just hug him now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I love hearing the details, they are not boring at all! AND Daniel's favorite word at about that age was "balloon" and prior to that "ball." He kind of stuck out his tongue and his lips when he said it. They really do have a lot in common, these two little cousins of ours, other than their dashing good looks, great parentage, and middle names! Love you Henry Rex.

    ReplyDelete